Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Learning to Hug

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I'm a "hugger".

I love me a good, heartfelt squish. If there were a job where the service provided was to just hug all day long I would be CEO in a flash, because I do give a good hug (if I do say so myself).

It is therefore my goal to teach Emmy to give good hugs too. Quite honestly, she's never been a super snuggly/huggy'touchy child, but recently she has started wrapping her arms around our necks and grasping tightly instead of just keeping her arms at her sides or gently placing her hands on our shoulders.

Tonight Emmy took her hugging ability to the next level. I happened to be home early and surprised her by standing in the kitchen with my arms open, waiting for a hug when her and Daddy opened the back door. The look of pure excitement on her face when she saw me was priceless (wish I had a pic of that little, happy face to show you) and she ran as fast as her chubby little legs would take her, straight into my arms and squished me. Her little arms wrapped around my neck and nuzzled her face into my ear and it was magic.

It was the best hug of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment